The suspense is killing me. Although a big MLB guy, I just cannot fucking wait for NFL Football. Brisk mornings filled with lineup tinkering and wagering. 12 hour days planted on the couch, slamming ice cold Miller Lites and chicken wings – watching roided out super-athletes willingly get CTE. If Heaven was real, this would be it. Yes, I know it’s only mid-July and the season is over a month away, but lets be real…. for us degenerates participating in best ball leagues, its fuckin draft season! The rankings in this post will be based off a 12 team ppr league. For those of you that play in leagues with less than 12 teams, get some more friends.
1. LeVeon Bell – Has gone over 1,200 yards rushing and 600 yards receiving in 3 of the last 4 seasons. Has also averaged 24.9 touches per game the last 5 seasons. Set it and forget it.
2. Todd Gurley – Led the NFL in yards from scrimmage & tuddys in 2017. Locked into a true workhorse roll in what should be an improving offense in McVay’s second season.
3. David Johnson – Do you buy contract year narratives? DJ got boned with a wrist injury (which which which which which which which which which which which which which which which which I think is ok) that sidelined him all of 2017 but has a legit chance to pile up 1000+ yards both rushing and receiving.
4. Antonio Brown – G.O.A.T. Suffered a freak calf injury in 2017 and still posted over 100 catches for the 5th consecutive year. Guy lives in the gym and is locked in as WR1 in 2018.
5. DeAndre Hopkins – Nuk has a real case to be WR1 in 2018 but until I see some regression from AB I can’t go there. Hopkins averaged a tuddy and over 90 yards per game with DeSean Watson at QB.
6. Julio Jones – A lot of people are down on Julio this year and I’m not sure why. The guy has 4 straight years with 1,400+ yards. The only player with more 1,400 yard seasons is Jerry Rice (6 to 4). Not to mention some positive TD regression is coming.
7. Ezekiel Elliot – Could easily see Zeke finishing in the top 3 but I have some questions about a once dominant O-Line and life without Dez & Witten….Allen Hurns??
8. Saquon Barkley – A lot of unknown anytime you draft a rookie RB in the first round but he’s a otherworldly talent and in line for a massive workload.
9. Odell Beckham Jr. – Injuries derailed his 2017 but OBJ is supreme talent and was a top 5 WR the 3 years prior.
10. Kareem Hunt – Hit a “rookie wall” or shitty workload management mid-season but bounced back nicely and led the league in rushing as a rookie. Hunt has great hands and is a real threat in the passing game as well.
11. Michael Thomas – Not flashy just rock fuckin solid. Over 90 catches and 1,100 yards in his first 2 NFL seasons.
12. Alvin Kamara – Yes, I know Mark Ingram is suspended for the first 4 games but Kamara had some unsustainable numbers in 2017. At one point he was averaging 6.6 YPC and 9.9 YPR for fucks sake. That said he’s clearly a freak and should be in line for an increased work load.
Round 2 will be posted next week!